1 Chronicles - Chapter 11
1 Chronicles Chapters
1 All Israel then rallied to David at Hebron and said, 'Look, we are your own flesh and bone.
3 So all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron, and David made a pact with them in Yahweh's presence at Hebron, and they anointed David as king of Israel, in accordance with the word of Yahweh through Samuel.
4 David and all Israel then marched on Jerusalem (that is to say, Jebus); the inhabitants of the territory were the Jebusites.
5 The inhabitants of Jebus said to David, 'You will not get in here.' But David captured the citadel of Zion, that is, the City of David.
10 These are David's principal champions who joined forces with him in his kingdom, with all Israel, to make him king in accordance with the word of Yahweh concerning Israel.
12 Next, there was Eleazar son of Dodo, the Ahohite, one of the three champions.
13 He was with David at Pas-Dammim when the Philistines mustered for battle there. There was a field full of barley there; and the people fled from the Philistines.
14 And they took their stand in the middle of the field, held it and cut down the Philistines; and Yahweh brought about a great victory.
18 At this the three champions, forcing their way through the Philistine camp, drew water from the well that stands by the gate of Bethlehem and, bringing it away, presented it to David. David, however, would not drink any of it, but poured it out as a libation to Yahweh.
19 'God preserve me', he said, 'from doing such a thing! Am I to drink these men's blood? For at the risk of their lives they brought it.' And so he would not drink. Such were the deeds of the three champions.
23 He also slaughtered an Egyptian, a man who was seven and a half feet tall. The Egyptian was armed with a spear in his hand like a weaver's beam, but he took him on with a staff, tore the spear from the Egyptian's hand and killed the man with it.
34 the sons of Hashem of Gizon; Jonathan son of Shagee, of Harar;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 11:37-41
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want ...
- Museum of the Bible set to open in D.C., will be one of the city's ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Callista Gingrich is the next U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican
- Missionary priest kidnapped in Nigeria
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles ...
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way