1 Chronicles - Chapter 25
1 Chronicles Chapters
1 For the liturgy, David and the religious officials selected the sons of Asaph, of Heman and of Jeduthun, who were to prophesy to the accompaniment of harps, lyres and cymbals. The list of ministrants for this service was as follows:
2 Of the sons of Asaph: Zaccur, Joseph, Nethaniah, Asharelah; the sons of Asaph were under the direction of Asaph who prophesied at the king's direction.
3 Of Jeduthun there were the sons of Jeduthun: Gedaliah, Zeri, Jeshaiah, Hashabiah and Mattithiah, six, under the direction of their father Jeduthun who, with the harp, prophesied when thanks and praise were to be given to Yahweh.
5 All these were sons of Heman, the king's seer; at God's word they blew the horn. God gave Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.
6 Under the king's direction all these had the duty of singing to the accompaniment of cymbal, lyre and harp for the liturgy of the house of God under the direction of their fathers. Asaph, Jeduthun and Heman,
9 The first to whom the lot fell was the Asaphite, Joseph. The second was Gedaliah, who with his sons and brothers made twelve.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- 50 years of Israeli occupation - enough is enough!
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD