1 Chronicles - Chapter 16
1 Chronicles Chapters
2 And when David had finished making burnt offerings and communion sacrifices, he blessed the people in the name of Yahweh.
6 The priests Benaiah and Jahaziel continually blew the trumpet before the ark of the covenant of God.
14 For he is Yahweh our God, his authority extends throughout the world.
17 since he confirmed it as a law for Jacob, as an eternal covenant for Israel,
18 saying, 'I will give you the country; Canaan is the measure of your inheritance,
24 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvels to every people!
26 Nothingness, all the gods of the nations. Yahweh it was who made the heavens,
35 Say, 'Save us, God of our salvation, gather us together and free us from the nations, so that we may give thanks to your holy name -- to be extolled whenever you are praised!'
36 Blessed be Yahweh, God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting! To which all the people said, 'Amen, Alleluia!'
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9: 1 'And now, Israel, listen to the laws and customs which ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20: 12 Praise Yahweh, Jerusalem, Zion, ... Gospel, Matthew 5:17-19: 17 'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.