1 Chronicles - Chapter 16
1 Chronicles Chapters
2 And when David had finished making burnt offerings and communion sacrifices, he blessed the people in the name of Yahweh.
6 The priests Benaiah and Jahaziel continually blew the trumpet before the ark of the covenant of God.
14 For he is Yahweh our God, his authority extends throughout the world.
17 since he confirmed it as a law for Jacob, as an eternal covenant for Israel,
18 saying, 'I will give you the country; Canaan is the measure of your inheritance,
24 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvels to every people!
26 Nothingness, all the gods of the nations. Yahweh it was who made the heavens,
35 Say, 'Save us, God of our salvation, gather us together and free us from the nations, so that we may give thanks to your holy name -- to be extolled whenever you are praised!'
36 Blessed be Yahweh, God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting! To which all the people said, 'Amen, Alleluia!'
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 34:1-12: 1 Then, leaving the Plains of Moab, Moses went up Mount ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 66:1-3, 5, 8, 16-17: 1 [For the choirmaster Song Psalm] Acclaim ... Gospel, Matthew 18:15-20: 15 'If your brother does something wrong, go and have it out ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 HD