1 Chronicles - Chapter 18
1 Chronicles Chapters
5 The Aramaeans of Damascus came to the help of Hadadezer king of Zobah, but David killed twenty-two thousand of the Aramaeans.
6 David then imposed governors in Aram of Damascus, and the Aramaeans became David's subjects and paid him tribute. Wherever David went, Yahweh gave him victory.
10 he sent his son Hadoram to King David to greet him and to congratulate him on having made war on Hadadezer and on having defeated him, since Hadadezer was at war with Tou. He also sent all sorts of objects made of gold, silver and bronze,
11 which King David also consecrated to Yahweh, as well as the silver and gold which he had levied from all the nations, from Edom, Moab, the Ammonites, the Philistines and Amalek.
12 Abishai son of Zeruiah defeated the Edomites in the Valley of Salt -- eighteen thousand of them.
13 He stationed garrisons in Edom, and all the Edomites became David's subjects. Wherever David went, Yahweh gave him victory.
15 Joab son of Zeruiah was in command of the army; Jehoshaphat son of Ahilud was herald;
16 Zadok son of Ahitub and Abiathar son of Ahimelech were priests; Shusha was secretary;
Reading 1, Revelation 21:9-14: 9 One of the seven angels that had the seven bowls full of ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18: 10 All your creatures shall thank you, ... Gospel, John 1:45-51: 45 Philip found Nathanael and said to him, 'We have found him of ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD