1 Chronicles - Chapter 14
1 Chronicles Chapters
2 David then knew that Yahweh had confirmed him as king of Israel and, for the sake of his people, had extended his sovereignty.
3 David took more wives in Jerusalem and fathered more sons and daughters.
4 These are the names of the children born to him in Jerusalem: Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, Solomon,
8 When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed as king of all Israel, they all invaded to seek him out. On hearing this, David marched out towards them.
9 When the Philistines arrived, they deployed in the Valley of the Rephaim.
11 Accordingly, they went up to Baal-Perazim and there David defeated them. David said, 'Through me God has made a breach in my enemies, as though they had been breached by a flood.' This is why the place was given the name Baal-Perazim.
13 Again the Philistines deployed in the valley.
16 David did as God had ordered, and they beat the Philistine army from Gibeon to Gezer.
17 David's fame then spread to every country, and Yahweh made him feared by every nation.
Reading 1, Acts 18:23-28: 23 where he spent a short time before continuing his journey ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 47:2-3, 8-9, 10: 2 For Yahweh, the Most High, is glorious, the ... Gospel, John 16:23-28: 23 When that day comes, you will not ask me any questions. In all ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- St. Augustine of Canterbury: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.