1 Chronicles - Chapter 14
1 Chronicles Chapters
2 David then knew that Yahweh had confirmed him as king of Israel and, for the sake of his people, had extended his sovereignty.
3 David took more wives in Jerusalem and fathered more sons and daughters.
4 These are the names of the children born to him in Jerusalem: Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, Solomon,
8 When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed as king of all Israel, they all invaded to seek him out. On hearing this, David marched out towards them.
9 When the Philistines arrived, they deployed in the Valley of the Rephaim.
11 Accordingly, they went up to Baal-Perazim and there David defeated them. David said, 'Through me God has made a breach in my enemies, as though they had been breached by a flood.' This is why the place was given the name Baal-Perazim.
13 Again the Philistines deployed in the valley.
16 David did as God had ordered, and they beat the Philistine army from Gibeon to Gezer.
17 David's fame then spread to every country, and Yahweh made him feared by every nation.
Reading 1, Exodus 3:11-20: 11 Moses said to God, 'Who am I to go to Pharaoh and bring the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:5, 8-9, 24-25, 26-27: 5 Remember the marvels he has done, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30: 28 'Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Gruesome case of mass child abuse reveals 547 boys victimized at ...
- President Trump is working hard compared to his predecessors, so why ...
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Two Catholic priests kidnapped after violent attack by 10 assailants
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 HD
- The ONE BIG reason why healthcare reform always fails HD