1 Chronicles - Chapter 14
1 Chronicles Chapters
2 David then knew that Yahweh had confirmed him as king of Israel and, for the sake of his people, had extended his sovereignty.
3 David took more wives in Jerusalem and fathered more sons and daughters.
4 These are the names of the children born to him in Jerusalem: Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, Solomon,
8 When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed as king of all Israel, they all invaded to seek him out. On hearing this, David marched out towards them.
9 When the Philistines arrived, they deployed in the Valley of the Rephaim.
11 Accordingly, they went up to Baal-Perazim and there David defeated them. David said, 'Through me God has made a breach in my enemies, as though they had been breached by a flood.' This is why the place was given the name Baal-Perazim.
13 Again the Philistines deployed in the valley.
16 David did as God had ordered, and they beat the Philistine army from Gibeon to Gezer.
17 David's fame then spread to every country, and Yahweh made him feared by every nation.
Reading 1, Sirach 6:5-17: 5 A kindly turn of speech attracts new friends, a courteous ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:12, 16, 18, 27, 34, 35: 12 Blessed are you, Yahweh, teach ... Gospel, Mark 10:1-12: 1 After leaving there, he came into the territory of Judaea and ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Atheist teacher accuses Christian students of harassment for inviting ...
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Why are there more Muslims than Christians in Britain's religious ...
- Evil federal judge rules Texas MUST fund Planned Parenthood
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD Video
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 24th, 2017 HD
- Scientists predict Biblical flood for California HD
- New pilgrimage route recreates Jesus' footsteps HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.