1 Chronicles - Chapter 23
1 Chronicles Chapters
1 When David had become old and full of days, he made his son Solomon king of Israel,
5 four thousand were gatekeepers and four thousand praised Yahweh on the instruments which David had made for praising him.
6 David then divided the Levites into classes: Gershon, Kohath and Merari.
11 Jahath was the eldest, Zizah the second, then Jeush and Beriah, who had not many children and were reckoned as one family.
13 Sons of Amram: Aaron and Moses. Aaron was set apart to consecrate the things that were especially holy, he and his sons for ever, to burn incense in the presence of Yahweh, to serve him and to bless in his name for ever.
14 Moses, man of God, and his sons were reckoned with the tribe of Levi.
20 Sons of Uzziel: Micah first, Isshiah second.
21 Sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi. Sons of Mahli: Eleazar and Kish.
24 These were the sons of Levi by their families, the heads of families, and those registered by name, individually; whoever was twenty years old or upwards had his function in the service of the Temple of Yahweh.
26 the Levites need no longer carry the Dwelling or any of the objects required for its service.'
27 For, according to the last words of David, the Levites who had been registered were of twenty years and upwards.
28 Their duty now is to help the sons of Aaron in the service of the House of Yahweh, in the care of the courts and rooms, the purification of all the holy things, the work for the service of the House of God,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Luke 1:46-48, 49-50, 53-54
Gospel, John 1:6-8, 19-28
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 5:16-24
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Steps on how to be a good journalist from Pope Francis
- REJOICE! Gaudete Sunday Calls us to Live as Joyful Christians in All ...
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- St. Rufus: Saint of the Day for Monday, December 18, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, December 18, 2017
- Four priests martyred for powerful reasons
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way