1 Chronicles - Chapter 5
1 Chronicles Chapters
1 Sons of Reuben, first-born of Israel. He was indeed the first-born but, when he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph son of Israel, and he was no longer reckoned as the eldest son.
3 Sons of Reuben, first-born of Israel: Henoch, Pallu, Hezron, Carmi.
6 Beerah his son, whom Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria carried off into exile, was the chief of the Reubenites.
9 To eastward, what he occupied extended to the edge of the desert and the River Euphrates, for they had many herds in Gilead.
18 The sons of Reuben, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh had warriors, men armed with shield and sword who could handle the bow and were trained for war, to the number of forty-four thousand seven hundred and sixty fit for service.
19 They made war on the Hagrites, on Jetur, Naphish and Nodab.
20 God came to their help, and the Hagrites and all their allies fell into their hands, for they called on God as they fought, and because they put their trust in him he heard their prayer.
22 Because the war was of God, the slaughter was great. They continued to live in their territory until the exile.
26 the God of Israel roused the hostility of Pul, king of Assyria, that is the wrath of Tiglath-Pileser, king of Assyria who deported them -- the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh -- taking them off to Halah, Habor, Hara and the river of Gozan. They are still there today.
41 and Jehozadak went into exile when, at the hands of Nebuchadnezzar, Yahweh exiled Judah and Jerusalem.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 5-7
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Agnes: Saint of the Day for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education