1 Chronicles - Chapter 13
1 Chronicles Chapters
2 Then, to the whole assembly of Israel, David said, 'If this has your approval, and if Yahweh our God wills it so, we shall send messengers to the rest of our brothers throughout the territories of Israel, and also to the priests and Levites in their towns and pasture lands, bidding them join us.
4 The whole assembly agreed to this, because all the people thought that this was the right thing to do.
7 They transported the ark of God out of Abinadab's house on a new cart. Uzzah and Ahio drove the cart.
8 David and all Israel danced before God with all their might, singing to the accompaniment of harps, lyres, tambourines, cymbals and trumpets.
10 This roused Yahweh's anger against Uzzah, and he struck him down because he had laid his hand on the Ark, and there he died before God.
12 That day David felt afraid of God. 'How can I bring the ark of God to be with me?' he said.
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 11:1-11: 1 I wish you would put up with a little foolishness ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 111:1-2, 3-4, 7-8: 1 Alleluia! I give thanks to Yahweh with all ... Gospel, Matthew 6:7-15: 7 'In your prayers do not babble as the gentiles do, for they ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- The unexpected, special gift Pope Francis presented to the King and ...
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- St. Thomas More: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 22, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 22, 2017
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.