John - Chapter 21
1 Later on, Jesus revealed himself again to the disciples. It was by the Sea of Tiberias, and it happened like this:
4 When it was already light, there stood Jesus on the shore, though the disciples did not realise that it was Jesus.
6 he said, 'Throw the net out to starboard and you'll find something.' So they threw the net out and could not haul it in because of the quantity of fish.
12 Jesus said to them, 'Come and have breakfast.' None of the disciples was bold enough to ask, 'Who are you?'. They knew quite well it was the Lord.
17 Then he said to him a third time, 'Simon son of John, do you love me?' Peter was hurt that he asked him a third time, 'Do you love me?' and said, 'Lord, you know everything; you know I love you.' Jesus said to him, 'Feed my sheep.
18 In all truth I tell you, when you were young you put on your own belt and walked where you liked; but when you grow old you will stretch out your hands, and somebody else will put a belt round you and take you where you would rather not go.'
19 In these words he indicated the kind of death by which Peter would give glory to God. After this he said, 'Follow me.'
22 Jesus answered, 'If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.'
24 This disciple is the one who vouches for these things and has written them down, and we know that his testimony is true.
25 There was much else that Jesus did; if it were written down in detail, I do not suppose the world itself would hold all the books that would be written.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6
Gospel, Luke 11:47-54
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Respecting life demands linking all life issues
- Profit For The Common Good
- Prisoners use lunch with Pope Francis to escape HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, October 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Sts. Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Cardinal shares the Five Keys to Catholic Education
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from Russia to sell off U.S. uranium HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way