John - Chapter 20
3 So Peter set out with the other disciple to go to the tomb.
4 They ran together, but the other disciple, running faster than Peter, reached the tomb first;
5 he bent down and saw the linen cloths lying on the ground, but did not go in.
6 Simon Peter, following him, also came up, went into the tomb, saw the linen cloths lying on the ground
11 But Mary was standing outside near the tomb, weeping. Then, as she wept, she stooped to look inside,
13 They said, 'Woman, why are you weeping?' 'They have taken my Lord away,' she replied, 'and I don't know where they have put him.'
14 As she said this she turned round and saw Jesus standing there, though she did not realise that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus said to her, 'Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?' Supposing him to be the gardener, she said, 'Sir, if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and remove him.'
17 Jesus said to her, 'Do not cling to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to the brothers, and tell them: I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'
19 In the evening of that same day, the first day of the week, the doors were closed in the room where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews. Jesus came and stood among them. He said to them, 'Peace be with you,'
24 Thomas, called the Twin, who was one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 So the other disciples said to him, 'We have seen the Lord,' but he answered, 'Unless I can see the holes that the nails made in his hands and can put my finger into the holes they made, and unless I can put my hand into his side, I refuse to believe.'
26 Eight days later the disciples were in the house again and Thomas was with them. The doors were closed, but Jesus came in and stood among them. 'Peace be with you,' he said.
28 Thomas replied, 'My Lord and my God!'
30 There were many other signs that Jesus worked in the sight of the disciples, but they are not recorded in this book.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 3:2-3, 4-5, 6-8
Gospel, Luke 19:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Islamic State threatens Pope Francis in gory propaganda ad HD Video
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe for a New Culture of Life HD ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Who is serving in the President's Cabinet? Here's the list
- ISIS threatens Pope Francis, Catholics with disturbing propaganda images
- St. Cecilia: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Christians in the Philippines join campaign against Christian persecution
- Daily Reading for Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 HD
- Atheist plans to build a Robot God for other Atheists to worship HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way