John - Chapter 7
2 As the Jewish feast of Shelters drew near,
4 no one who wants to be publicly known acts in secret; if this is what you are doing, you should reveal yourself to the world.'
5 Not even his brothers had faith in him.
8 Go up to the festival yourselves: I am not going to this festival, because for me the time is not ripe yet.'
11 At the festival the Jews were on the look-out for him: 'Where is he?' they said.
12 There was a great deal of talk about him in the crowds. Some said, 'He is a good man'; others, 'No, he is leading the people astray.'
15 The Jews were astonished and said, 'How did he learn to read? He has not been educated.'
19 Did not Moses give you the Law? And yet not one of you keeps the Law! 'Why do you want to kill me?'
22 Moses ordered you to practise circumcision -- not that it began with him, it goes back to the patriarchs -- and you circumcise on the Sabbath.
28 Then, as Jesus was teaching in the Temple, he cried out: You know me and you know where I came from. Yet I have not come of my own accord: but he who sent me is true; You do not know him,
35 So the Jews said to one another, 'Where is he intending to go that we shall not be able to find him? Is he intending to go abroad to the people who are dispersed among the Greeks and to teach the Greeks?
37 On the last day, the great day of the festival, Jesus stood and cried out: 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me!
38 Let anyone who believes in me come and drink! As scripture says, "From his heart shall flow streams of living water." '
41 and some said, 'He is the Christ,' but others said, 'Would the Christ come from Galilee?
45 The guards went back to the chief priests and Pharisees who said to them, 'Why haven't you brought him?'
47 'So,' the Pharisees answered, 'you, too, have been led astray?
49 This rabble knows nothing about the Law -- they are damned.'
51 'But surely our Law does not allow us to pass judgement on anyone without first giving him a hearing and discovering what he is doing?'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
Gospel, Matthew 9:9-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis asks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe following ...
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2017
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2017
- With so many earthquakes, is California next?
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD