John - Chapter 11
3 The sisters sent this message to Jesus, 'Lord, the man you love is ill.'
8 The disciples said, 'Rabbi, it is not long since the Jews were trying to stone you; are you going back there again?'
11 He said that and then added, 'Our friend Lazarus is at rest; I am going to wake him.'
12 The disciples said to him, 'Lord, if he is at rest he will be saved.'
14 so Jesus put it plainly, 'Lazarus is dead;
15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there because now you will believe. But let us go to him.'
23 Jesus said to her, 'Your brother will rise again.'
24 Martha said, 'I know he will rise again at the resurrection on the last day.'
26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?
29 Hearing this, Mary got up quickly and went to him.
36 and the Jews said, 'See how much he loved him!'
38 Sighing again, Jesus reached the tomb: it was a cave with a stone to close the opening.
39 Jesus said, 'Take the stone away.' Martha, the dead man's sister, said to him, 'Lord, by now he will smell; this is the fourth day since he died.'
41 So they took the stone away. Then Jesus lifted up his eyes and said: Father, I thank you for hearing my prayer.
45 Many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary, and had seen what he did, believed in him,
49 One of them, Caiaphas, the high priest that year, said, 'You do not seem to have grasped the situation at all;
50 you fail to see that it is to your advantage that one man should die for the people, rather than that the whole nation should perish.'
52 and not for the nation only, but also to gather together into one the scattered children of God.
54 So Jesus no longer went about openly among the Jews, but left the district for a town called Ephraim, in the country bordering on the desert, and stayed there with his disciples.
56 were looking out for Jesus, saying to one another as they stood about in the Temple, 'What do you think? Will he come to the festival or not?'
57 The chief priests and Pharisees had by now given their orders: anyone who knew where he was must inform them so that they could arrest him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Church tricked into hosting satanic fashion show
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD