John - Chapter 15
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for whatever you please and you will get it.
8 It is to the glory of my Father that you should bear much fruit and be my disciples.
10 If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
13 No one can have greater love than to lay down his life for his friends.
19 If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you do not belong to the world, because my choice of you has drawn you out of the world, that is why the world hates you.
27 And you too will be witnesses, because you have been with me from the beginning.
Reading 1, Acts 19:1-8: 1 It happened that while Apollos was in Corinth, Paul made his way ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 68:2-3, 4-5, 6-7: 2 You disperse them like smoke; as wax melts ... Gospel, John 16:29-33: 29 His disciples said, 'Now you are speaking plainly and not using ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- What does the Holy Spirit reveal to us?
- St. Joan of Arc: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Newborn baby filmed 'WALKING' shortly after birth
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- To honor the lost: A brief history of Memorial Day
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.