Matthew - Chapter 19
1 Jesus had now finished what he wanted to say, and he left Galilee and came into the territory of Judaea on the far side of the Jordan.
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'
7 They said to him, 'Then why did Moses command that a writ of dismissal should be given in cases of divorce?'
8 He said to them, 'It was because you were so hard-hearted, that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but it was not like this from the beginning.
12 There are eunuchs born so from their mother's womb, there are eunuchs made so by human agency and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.'
13 Then people brought little children to him, for him to lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples scolded them,
18 He said, 'Which ones?' Jesus replied, 'These: You shall not kill. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not give false witness.
20 The young man said to him, 'I have kept all these. What more do I need to do?'
21 Jesus said, 'If you wish to be perfect, go and sell your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.'
26 Jesus gazed at them. 'By human resources', he told them, 'this is impossible; for God everything is possible.'
28 Jesus said to them, 'In truth I tell you, when everything is made new again and the Son of man is seated on his throne of glory, you yourselves will sit on twelve thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
30 'Many who are first will be last, and the last, first.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 96:1, 3, 4-5, 7-8, 9-10
Gospel, Matthew 22:15-21
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 1:1-5
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Pope John Paul II: Saint of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Pope continues work toward reconciliation with Methodists
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Will Europe return to its Christian roots?
- Evil George Soros transfers $18 billion to support abortion, destroy ...
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way