Angels working overtime - Angel Stories
By: R. Norman
My family has a saying "Angels working overtime." This is because there are so many times in our lives where the term coincidence (if we even believed in it)is just so inadaquate. In 1983 my father walked away from a high-speed front-end accident. He just had time to shout "Jesus." The front of his jeep was crushed into the firewall, and his battery was @ least 30 feet on the other side of the other car. He suffered a moderate concussion and a twisted knee.
My mother has seen three angels over our home in times of difficulty. We have had countless experiences driving where we pulled over for whatever reason. When we got back on the road there was an accident right where we would have been. Conversely, we chose to stop later, and we would have been in an accident that was now behind us.
My most obvious encounter was in Dec. 06. My husband had passed one month prior, leaving me with our two year old daughter. I was on my was to work, having just dripped her of with a family member. I hit a patch of black ice and started fish-tailing. I was unsuccessful inmy attempt to correct it when my drivers-side rear wheel pulled completely off the axle. I just had time to think "Thank God Rhiannon isn't in the car" when I went tailgate over engine down a 10 ft. bank into a small creek. My minivan was on it's roof, crushed. I climbed out of my seat and moved into the back, where it was dry. Realizing that the only way out of the car was to swim in sub-freezing air and water temps I just sat back and waited for help. About 15 min. later there were several men who stopped. As I was uninjured (MIRACLE!) one of them received permission from the State Police to take me to get dry, as I was starting to show hypothermia symptoms. When he returned me to the car the officer was there. When my rescuer left I never saw him again.
There are so many "ifs" that would have gotten me killed that day:
if I was 2 in taller,
if I had been going 5 mph faster,
if angels hadn't been "working overtime." We have had many other reasons to believe that God sends His angel into our (humanity's) lives, but I don't want to take too much of your time.
God Bless You
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 323
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- Life Saver, by paul
- Saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- Ball of Light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- Stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- Reassuring Angel, by Maggie
- Baby Angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
Help Now >
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- One Call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- Site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- My Angel was sent to Save Me, by Carlos Perez
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- The Bird Encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
FREE Saint Classes Printable Saint PDF's Light a Virtual Saint Candle
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
What is Ash Wednesday?
Speakin' with the Deacons
Live Wednesday Feb. 14th @ 10am PDT
Join US LIVE on YouTube