Joshua - Chapter 21
2 they were then at Shiloh in Canaan. They said to them, 'Through Moses, Yahweh ordered us to be given towns to live in, with their pasture lands for our livestock.'
6 fell ten towns from the tribes of Ephraim, Dan, and the half-tribe of Manasseh. To the sons of Gershon, by clans, fell thirteen towns from the tribes of Issachar, Asher, Naphtali and the half-tribe of Manasseh in Bashan.
7 To the sons of Merari, by clans, fell twelve towns from the tribes of Reuben, Gad and Zebulun.
10 The first portion was for the sons of Aaron, belonging to the clans of the Kohathites, to the sons of Levi, since the first lot was theirs.
11 They gave them Kiriath-Arba, Anak's father's town -- now Hebron -- in the highlands of Judah, with its surrounding pasture lands.
12 The fields and villages of this town, however, they gave to Caleb son of Jephunneh as his property.
27 To the sons of Gershon, of the levitical clans, were given: from the half-tribe of Manasseh, Golan in Bashan, a city of refuge for those who had killed, with its pasture lands, and Ashtaroth with its pasture lands -- two towns;
32 and, from the tribe of Naphtali, Kedesh in Galilee, a city of refuge for those who had killed, with its pasture lands, Hammoth-Dor with its pasture lands and Kartan with its pasture lands -- three towns.
36 on the other side of the Jordan opposite Jericho, from the tribe of Reuben, Bezer in the desert, on the tableland, a city of refuge for those who had killed, with its pasture lands, Jahaz with its pasture lands,
40 Total number of towns forming the lot of the sons of Merari by clans, of the remaining levitical clans: twelve towns.
41 The total number of towns for the Levites in Israelite territory was forty-eight towns with their pasture lands.
44 Yahweh granted them tranquillity on all their frontiers just as he had sworn to their ancestors and, of all their enemies, not one succeeded in resisting them. Yahweh put all their enemies at their mercy.
45 Of all the promises that Yahweh had made to the House of Israel, not one failed; all were fulfilled.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- 50 years of Israeli occupation - enough is enough!
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD