Joshua - Chapter 18
1 The whole community of the Israelites assembled at Shiloh, and the Tent of Meeting was set up there; the whole country had been subdued for them.
2 But among the Israelites there were still seven tribes left who had not received their heritage.
6 You must survey the country in seven sections and bring your findings to me here, so that I can cast lots for you here, in the presence of Yahweh our God.
7 The Levites, however, will have no portion with the rest of you; the priesthood of Yahweh will be their heritage. As regards Gad and Reuben and the half-tribe of Manasseh, they have received their heritage on the further, eastern side of the Jordan, the one given them by Moses, servant of Yahweh.'
8 The men stood up and set off. To those who were to survey the country Joshua gave this order, 'Start out, then, go all over the country, survey it, and then come back to me; and I shall cast lots for you here, in the presence of Yahweh, at Shiloh.'
9 The men left, went all over the country and surveyed it by towns, in seven sections, writing down their findings in a book, and then went back to Joshua in the camp at Shiloh.
10 Joshua cast lots for them in Yahweh's presence at Shiloh, and there Joshua divided the country between the Israelites, share by share.
14 At this westerly point, the frontier curved round and turned south, from the mountain facing Beth-Horon from the south and came out at Kiriath-Baal, now Kiriath-Jearim, a town of the sons of Judah. That was the western side.
16 it then went down to the edge of the mountain facing the Valley of Hinnom, in the Valley of the Rephaim to the north; it then went down into the Valley of Hinnom, past the southerly flank of the Jebusite, and went down to En-Rogel.
19 the frontier then passed round the northern flank of Beth-Hoglah, and the frontier came out at the northern bay of the Salt Sea, at the southern end of the Jordan. Such was the southern frontier.
28 Zela-ha-Eleph, the Jebusite -- that is, Jerusalem -- Gibeah and Kiriath: fourteen towns with their villages. Such was the heritage of the sons of Benjamin, by clans.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
Gospel, Matthew 5:20-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD Video
- What is fasting and why does it matter?
- 'I'm too ashamed to go to confession, what do I do?'
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Polycarp: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 23, 2018
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 23, 2018
- Six great meatless soup recipes for Lent - Home & Food
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Seal of the Prophet Isaiah found in Israel
- Bet you didn't know these 10 things about St. Patrick and Ireland! - ...
- The cries of our children in school are the echoes of the cries from ...
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD
- AmericaĂ˘Â€Â™s pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education