Mark - Chapter 7
4 and on returning from the market place they never eat without first sprinkling themselves. There are also many other observances which have been handed down to them to keep, concerning the washing of cups and pots and bronze dishes.
8 You put aside the commandment of God to observe human traditions.'
9 And he said to them, 'How ingeniously you get round the commandment of God in order to preserve your own tradition!
11 But you say, "If a man says to his father or mother: Anything I have that I might have used to help you is Korban (that is, dedicated to God),"
18 He said to them, 'Even you -- don't you understand? Can't you see that nothing that goes into someone from outside can make that person unclean,
20 And he went on, 'It is what comes out of someone that makes that person unclean.
21 For it is from within, from the heart, that evil intentions emerge: fornication, theft, murder,
27 And he said to her, 'The children should be fed first, because it is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to little dogs.'
29 And he said to her, 'For saying this you may go home happy; the devil has gone out of your daughter.'
32 And they brought him a deaf man who had an impediment in his speech; and they asked him to lay his hand on him.
34 Then looking up to heaven he sighed; and he said to him, 'Ephphatha,' that is, 'Be opened.'
36 And Jesus ordered them to tell no one about it, but the more he insisted, the more widely they proclaimed it.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 25-26
Gospel, Mark 3:22-30
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, January 22, 2018
- 45th Annual March for Life: What happened at this year's important march?
- Look to the Star and Call Upon Mary - She Shows Us the Way Home
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- St. Vincent Pallotti: Saint of the Day for Monday, January 22, 2018
- How do men feel about ABORTION?
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education