Mark - Chapter 7
4 and on returning from the market place they never eat without first sprinkling themselves. There are also many other observances which have been handed down to them to keep, concerning the washing of cups and pots and bronze dishes.
8 You put aside the commandment of God to observe human traditions.'
9 And he said to them, 'How ingeniously you get round the commandment of God in order to preserve your own tradition!
11 But you say, "If a man says to his father or mother: Anything I have that I might have used to help you is Korban (that is, dedicated to God),"
18 He said to them, 'Even you -- don't you understand? Can't you see that nothing that goes into someone from outside can make that person unclean,
20 And he went on, 'It is what comes out of someone that makes that person unclean.
21 For it is from within, from the heart, that evil intentions emerge: fornication, theft, murder,
27 And he said to her, 'The children should be fed first, because it is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to little dogs.'
29 And he said to her, 'For saying this you may go home happy; the devil has gone out of your daughter.'
32 And they brought him a deaf man who had an impediment in his speech; and they asked him to lay his hand on him.
34 Then looking up to heaven he sighed; and he said to him, 'Ephphatha,' that is, 'Be opened.'
36 And Jesus ordered them to tell no one about it, but the more he insisted, the more widely they proclaimed it.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:2-3, 36-37, 42-43
Gospel, Luke 18:1-8
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The FBI may investigate Planned Parenthood
- Has Pope Francis violated the 8th Commandment, speaking out against ...
- Pope Francis calls for end of life care to acknowledge mortality
- St. Nerses the Great: Saint of the Day for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- The Catholic Miracle. Become part of our incredible mission HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way