Mark - Chapter 11
2 and said to them, 'Go to the village facing you, and as you enter it you will at once find a tethered colt that no one has yet ridden. Untie it and bring it here.
3 If anyone says to you, "What are you doing?" say, "The Master needs it and will send it back here at once." '
6 They gave the answer Jesus had told them, and the men let them go.
7 Then they took the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks on its back, and he mounted it.
10 Blessed is the coming kingdom of David our father! Hosanna in the highest heavens!'
22 Jesus answered, 'Have faith in God.
24 I tell you, therefore, everything you ask and pray for, believe that you have it already, and it will be yours.
25 And when you stand in prayer, forgive whatever you have against anybody, soyour Father in heaven may forgive your failings too.'
31 And they argued this way among themselves, 'If we say heavenly, he will say, "Then why did you refuse to believe him?"
32 But dare we say human?' -- they had the people to fear, for everyone held that John had been a real prophet.
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 4:7-15: 7 But we hold this treasure in pots of earthenware, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6: 1 [Song of Ascents] When Yahweh brought ... Gospel, Matthew 20:20-28: 20 Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came with her sons to make ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- St. James the Greater: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Scientists discover elusive 'Angel Particles' are real
- Oh no! Is El Nino coming back to California?
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD Video
- Will We Use Our Ears To Hear?
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD