Mark - Chapter 4
8 And some seeds fell into rich soil, grew tall and strong, and produced a good crop; the yield was thirty, sixty, even a hundredfold.'
10 When he was alone, the Twelve, together with the others who formed his company, asked what the parables meant.
11 He told them, 'To you is granted the secret of the kingdom of God, but to those who are outside everything comes in parables,
13 He said to them, 'Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand any of the parables?
15 Those on the edge of the path where the word is sown are people who have no sooner heard it than Satan at once comes and carries away the word that was sown in them.
17 But they have no root deep down and do not last; should some trial come, or some persecution on account of the word, at once they fall away.
19 but the worries of the world, the lure of riches and all the other passions come in to choke the word, and so it produces nothing.
22 For there is nothing hidden, but it must be disclosed, nothing kept secret except to be brought to light.
31 It is like a mustard seed which, at the time of its sowing, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth.
33 Using many parables like these, he spoke the word to them, so far as they were capable of understanding it.
39 They woke him and said to him, 'Master, do you not care? We are lost!' And he woke up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, 'Quiet now! Be calm!' And the wind dropped, and there followed a great calm.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 1:1-2, 3, 4, 6
Gospel, Matthew 11:16-19
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- St. Ado of Vienne: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way