Mark - Chapter 13
1 As he was leaving the Temple one of his disciples said to him, 'Master, look at the size of those stones! Look at the size of those buildings!'
3 And while he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, facing the Temple, Peter, James, John and Andrew questioned him when they were by themselves,
4 'Tell us, when is this going to happen, and what sign will there be that it is all about to take place?'
5 Then Jesus began to tell them, 'Take care that no one deceives you.
7 When you hear of wars and rumours of wars, do not be alarmed; this is something that must happen, but the end will not be yet.
11 'And when you are taken to be handed over, do not worry beforehand about what to say; no, say whatever is given to you when the time comes, because it is not you who will be speaking; it is the Holy Spirit.
16 if a man is in the fields, he must not turn back to fetch his cloak.
22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise and produce signs and portents to deceive the elect, if that were possible.
29 So with you when you see these things happening: know that he is near, right at the gates.
32 'But as for that day or hour, nobody knows it, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son; no one but the Father.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Terrifying mass shooting at Nashville church leaves several injured
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD