Mark - Chapter 9
5 Then Peter spoke to Jesus, 'Rabbi,' he said, 'it is wonderful for us to be here; so let us make three shelters, one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.'
9 As they were coming down from the mountain he warned them to tell no one what they had seen, until after the Son of man had risen from the dead.
12 He said to them, 'Elijah is indeed first coming to set everything right again; yet how is it that the scriptures say about the Son of man that he must suffer grievously and be treated with contempt?
13 But I tell you that Elijah has come and they have treated him as they pleased, just as the scriptures say about him.'
14 As they were rejoining the disciples they saw a large crowd round them and some scribes arguing with them.
20 They brought the boy to him, and at once the spirit of dumbness threw the boy into convulsions, and he fell to the ground and lay writhing there, foaming at the mouth.
25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd was gathering, he rebuked the unclean spirit. 'Deaf and dumb spirit,' he said, 'I command you: come out of him and never enter him again.'
27 But Jesus took him by the hand and helped him up, and he was able to stand.
31 because he was instructing his disciples; he was telling them, 'The Son of man will be delivered into the power of men; they will put him to death; and three days after he has been put to death he will rise again.'
43 And if your hand should be your downfall, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life crippled, than to have two hands and go to hell, into the fire that can never be put out.
45 And if your foot should be your downfall, cut it off; it is better for you enter into life lame, than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.
47 And if your eye should be your downfall, tear it out; it is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell
48 where their worm will never die nor their fire be put out.
49 For everyone will be salted with fire.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19
Gospel, Matthew 17:10-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- St. Ado of Vienne: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way