Mark - Chapter 15
1 First thing in the morning, the chief priests, together with the elders and scribes and the rest of the Sanhedrin, had their plan ready. They had Jesus bound and took him away and handed him over to Pilate.
5 But, to Pilate's surprise, Jesus made no further reply.
6 At festival time Pilate used to release a prisoner for them, any one they asked for.
12 Then Pilate spoke again, 'But in that case, what am I to do with the man you call king of the Jews?'
15 So Pilate, anxious to placate the crowd, released Barabbas for them and, after having Jesus scourged, he handed him over to be crucified.
22 They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha, which means the place of the skull.
27 And they crucified two bandits with him, one on his right and one on his left.
29 The passers-by jeered at him; they shook their heads and said, 'Aha! So you would destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days!
31 The chief priests and the scribes mocked him among themselves in the same way with the words, 'He saved others, he cannot save himself.
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 'Eloi, eloi, lama sabachthani?' which means, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'
37 But Jesus gave a loud cry and breathed his last.
38 And the veil of the Sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom.
41 These used to follow him and look after him when he was in Galilee. And many other women were there who had come up to Jerusalem with him.
44 Pilate, astonished that he should have died so soon, summoned the centurion and enquired if he had been dead for some time.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 144:1, 2, 9-10
Gospel, Mark 3:1-6
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis in Chile: the beatitudes are sources of hope!
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD Video
- North and South Korea agree to march together at Olympics -- is that ...
- St. Volusian: Saint of the Day for Thursday, January 18, 2018
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with ...
- President Trump declares 'Religious Freedom Day'
- Daily Readings for Thursday, January 18, 2018
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way