Matthew - Chapter 28
2 And suddenly there was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled away the stone and sat on it.
5 But the angel spoke; and he said to the women, 'There is no need for you to be afraid. I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
7 then go quickly and tell his disciples, "He has risen from the dead and now he is going ahead of you to Galilee; that is where you will see him." Look! I have told you.'
8 Filled with awe and great joy the women came quickly away from the tomb and ran to tell his disciples.
13 with these instructions, 'This is what you must say, "His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep."
14 And should the governor come to hear of this, we undertake to put things right with him ourselves and to see that you do not get into trouble.'
16 Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had arranged to meet them.
18 Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Reading 1, Acts 1:12-14: 12 So from the Mount of Olives, as it is called, they went back ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 27:1, 4, 7-8: 1 [Of David] Yahweh is my light and my salvation, ... Gospel, John 17:1-11: 1 After saying this, Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said: ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.