Matthew - Chapter 28
2 And suddenly there was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled away the stone and sat on it.
5 But the angel spoke; and he said to the women, 'There is no need for you to be afraid. I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
7 then go quickly and tell his disciples, "He has risen from the dead and now he is going ahead of you to Galilee; that is where you will see him." Look! I have told you.'
8 Filled with awe and great joy the women came quickly away from the tomb and ran to tell his disciples.
13 with these instructions, 'This is what you must say, "His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep."
14 And should the governor come to hear of this, we undertake to put things right with him ourselves and to see that you do not get into trouble.'
16 Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had arranged to meet them.
18 Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Reading 1, Joshua 24:14-29: 14 'So now, fear Yahweh and serve him truly and sincerely; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11: 1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect me, O ... Gospel, Matthew 19:13-15: 13 Then people brought little children to him, for him to lay ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD