Gregory VIII A Cistercian of noble birth, Albert de Mora was born in Benevento c. 1110 and was a legate to England, where he investigated the murder of Thomas ŕ Becket in 1170. Appointed chancellor in 1178, Cardinal de Mora was elected pope in 1187 and reigned for 57 days. Gregory initiated the Third Crusade and died while settling a dispute between Pisa and Genoa over the shipment of goods to the Holy Land.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 5th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint Feast Days in July
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
St. Maria Goretti
Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 5
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- St. Maria Goretti: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Prayer to the Holy Trinity: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- A Prayer for those who are preparing Children for their First Holy Communion: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.