Help Now >
Bishop of Cologne, Germany, and possibly a martyr. He was raised by St. Severinus in Tongres, Belgium, and eventually succeeded Severinus as bishop of Cologne. Evergislus was reported to have been beaten to death by pagan robbers, but there is some reason to question that he died from the assault, as there is a reference by St. Gregory of Tours that Evergislus took part in reforming a convent in Paris many years after his reported martyrdom.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Thursday, Dec 8th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Prayer of the Day for Thursday, Dec 8
Prayer of the Immaculate Conception
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
Saints & Angels
The Apostles' Creed
- Daily Readings for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- St. Romaric: Saint of the Day for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- Prayer of the Immaculate Conception: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Prayer for Refugees and Victims of War: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.