Romans - Chapter 7
2 A married woman, for instance, is bound to her husband by law, as long as he lives, but when her husband dies all her legal obligation to him as husband is ended.
3 So if she were to have relations with another man while her husband was still alive, she would be termed an adulteress; but if her husband dies, her legal obligation comes to an end and if she then has relations with another man, that does not make her an adulteress.
4 In the same way you, my brothers, through the body of Christ have become dead to the Law and so you are able to belong to someone else, that is, to him who was raised from the dead to make us live fruitfully for God.
7 What should we say, then? That the Law itself is sin? Out of the question! All the same, if it had not been for the Law, I should not have known what sin was; for instance, I should not have known what it meant to covet if the Law had not said: You are not to covet.
9 Once, when there was no Law, I used to be alive; but when the commandment came, sin came to life
10 and I died. The commandment was meant to bring life but I found it brought death,
12 So then, the Law is holy, and what it commands is holy and upright and good.
13 Does that mean that something good resulted in my dying? Out of the question! But sin, in order to be identified as sin, caused my death through that good thing, and so it is by means of the commandment that sin shows its unbounded sinful power.
14 We are well aware that the Law is spiritual: but I am a creature of flesh and blood sold as a slave to sin.
16 While I am acting as I do not want to, I still acknowledge the Law as good,
17 so it is not myself acting, but the sin which lives in me.
21 So I find this rule: that for me, where I want to do nothing but good, evil is close at my side.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Vincent de Paul: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Fatima for Conversion HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD