Romans - Chapter 2
1 So no matter who you are, if you pass judgement you have no excuse. It is yourself that you condemn when you judge others, since you behave in the same way as those you are condemning.
3 But you -- when you judge those who behave like this while you are doing the same yourself -- do you think you will escape God's condemnation?
4 Or are you not disregarding his abundant goodness, tolerance and patience, failing to realise that this generosity of God is meant to bring you to repentance?
5 Your stubborn refusal to repent is only storing up retribution for yourself on that Day of retribution when God's just verdicts will be made known.
6 He will repay everyone as their deeds deserve.
15 They can demonstrate the effect of the Law engraved on their hearts, to which their own conscience bears witness; since they are aware of various considerations, some of which accuse them, while others provide them with a defence . . . on the day when,
18 and know his will, and tell right from wrong because you have been taught by the Law;
22 You say that adultery is forbidden, but do you commit adultery? You detest the worship of objects, but do you desecrate holy things yourself?
23 If, while you are boasting of the Law, you disobey it, then you are bringing God into contempt.
27 More, the man who, in his native uncircumcised state, keeps the Law, is a condemnation of you, who, by your concentration on the letter and on circumcision, actually break the Law.
28 Being a Jew is not only having the outward appearance of a Jew, and circumcision is not only a visible physical operation.
29 The real Jew is the one who is inwardly a Jew, and real circumcision is in the heart, a thing not of the letter but of the spirit. He may not be praised by any human being, but he will be praised by God.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4
Gospel, Luke 11:29-32
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles ...
- Martin Luther would be horrified - The reformer had no intention of ...
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Sorry, there's no science to support 'transgender therapy' for kids
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD Video
- U.S. drills for mass evacuation of Americans from South Korea, but ...
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 16th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way