Romans - Chapter 9
5 To them belong the fathers and out of them, so far as physical descent is concerned, came Christ who is above all, God, blessed for ever. Amen.
6 It is not that God's promise has failed. Not all born Israelites belong to Israel,
9 The actual words of the promise were: I shall come back to you at this season, and Sarah will have a son.
12 -not human merit, but his call -- she was told: the elder one will serve the younger.
14 What should we say, then? That God is unjust? Out of the question!
18 In other words, if God wants to show mercy on someone, he does so, and if he wants to harden someone's heart, he does so.
19 Then you will ask me, 'How then can he ever blame anyone, since no one can oppose his will?'
22 But suppose that God, although all the time he wanted to reveal his retribution and demonstrate his power, has with great patience gone on putting up with those who are the instruments of his retribution and designed to be destroyed;
26 And in the very place where they were told, 'You are not my people,' they will be told that they are 'children of the living God'.
30 What should we say, then? That the gentiles, although they were not looking for saving justice, found it, and this was the saving justice that comes of faith;
31 while Israel, looking for saving justice by law-keeping, did not succeed in fulfilling the Law.
33 as it says in scripture: Now I am laying in Zion a stumbling-stone, a rock to trip people up; but he who relies on this will not be brought to disgrace.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18
Gospel, Luke 10:1-9
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Sts. Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 19, 2017
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD Video
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way