Romans - Chapter 9
5 To them belong the fathers and out of them, so far as physical descent is concerned, came Christ who is above all, God, blessed for ever. Amen.
6 It is not that God's promise has failed. Not all born Israelites belong to Israel,
9 The actual words of the promise were: I shall come back to you at this season, and Sarah will have a son.
12 -not human merit, but his call -- she was told: the elder one will serve the younger.
14 What should we say, then? That God is unjust? Out of the question!
18 In other words, if God wants to show mercy on someone, he does so, and if he wants to harden someone's heart, he does so.
19 Then you will ask me, 'How then can he ever blame anyone, since no one can oppose his will?'
22 But suppose that God, although all the time he wanted to reveal his retribution and demonstrate his power, has with great patience gone on putting up with those who are the instruments of his retribution and designed to be destroyed;
26 And in the very place where they were told, 'You are not my people,' they will be told that they are 'children of the living God'.
30 What should we say, then? That the gentiles, although they were not looking for saving justice, found it, and this was the saving justice that comes of faith;
31 while Israel, looking for saving justice by law-keeping, did not succeed in fulfilling the Law.
33 as it says in scripture: Now I am laying in Zion a stumbling-stone, a rock to trip people up; but he who relies on this will not be brought to disgrace.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19
Gospel, Luke 11:29-32
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- British Court rules: Bermuda's actions to defend marriage will stand
- Are your cleaning products making you sick?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis accepts bishop's resignation
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- St. Severian: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Cleaning products could be damaging to your health HD Video
- St. Patrick HD
- Deadly Flu Season: Vaccine only 36 percent effective during worst season in years HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education