Romans - Chapter 1
1 From Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle,
2 set apart for the service of the gospel that God promised long ago through his prophets in the holy scriptures.
6 You are among these, and by his call you belong to Jesus Christ.
11 For I am longing to see you so that I can convey to you some spiritual gift that will be a lasting strength,
13 I want you to be quite certain too, brothers, that I have often planned to visit you -- though up to the present I have always been prevented -- in the hope that I might work as fruitfully among you as I have among the gentiles elsewhere.
14 I have an obligation to Greeks as well as barbarians, to the educated as well as the ignorant,
15 and hence the eagerness on my part to preach the gospel to you in Rome too.
20 ever since the creation of the world, the invisible existence of God and his everlasting power have been clearly seen by the mind's understanding of created things. And so these people have no excuse:
24 That is why God abandoned them in their inmost cravings to filthy practices of dishonouring their own bodies-
25 because they exchanged God's truth for a lie and have worshipped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 That is why God abandoned them to degrading passions:
27 why their women have exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural practices; and the men, in a similar fashion, too, giving up normal relations with women, are consumed with passion for each other, men doing shameful things with men and receiving in themselves due reward for their perversion.
28 In other words, since they would not consent to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to their unacceptable thoughts and indecent behaviour.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 17:26-37
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis calls for end of life care to acknowledge mortality
- St. Rose Philippine Duchesne: Saint of the Day for Saturday, November ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Has Pope Francis violated the 8th Commandment, speaking out against ...
- The FBI may investigate Planned Parenthood
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- The Catholic Miracle. Become part of our incredible mission HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way