Romans - Chapter 3
3 What if some of them were unfaithful? Do you think their lack of faith could cancel God's faithfulness?
4 Out of the question! God will always be true even if no human being can be relied on. As scripture says: That you may show your saving justice when you pass sentence and your victory may appear when you give judgement.
6 Out of the question! It would mean that God could not be the judge of the world.
7 You might as well say that if my untruthfulness makes God demonstrate his truthfulness, to his greater glory, then I should not be judged to be a sinner at all.
9 Well: are we any better off? Not at all: we have already indicted Jews and Greeks as being all alike under the dominion of sin.
10 As scripture says: Not one of them is upright, not a single one,
14 their speech is full of cursing and bitterness.
18 there is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we are well aware that whatever the Law says is said for those who are subject to the Law, so that every mouth may be silenced, and the whole world brought under the judgement of God.
25 God appointed him as a sacrifice for reconciliation, through faith, by the shedding of his blood, and so showed his justness; first for the past, when sins went unpunished because he held his hand;
26 and now again for the present age, to show how he is just and justifies everyone who has faith in Jesus.
27 So what becomes of our boasts? There is no room for them. On what principle- that only actions count? No; that faith is what counts,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 57:2, 3-4, 6, 11
Gospel, Mark 3:13-19
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD Video
- Pope Francis: Faith is an adventure!
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Why are the youth leaving the Church?
- Jobless claims historic low! - Why workers are getting raises this ...
- St. Fillan: Saint of the Day for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with first ever joint team HD
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education