Wisdom - Chapter 11
2 They journeyed through an unpeopled desert and pitched their tents in inaccessible places.
7 to punish them for their decree of infanticide, you gave your people, against all hope, water in abundance,
9 From their own ordeals, which were only loving correction, they realised how an angry sentence was tormenting the godless;
12 For a double sorrow seized on them, and a groaning at the memory of the past;
14 while for the man whom long before they had exposed and later mockingly rebuffed, they felt only admiration when all was done, having suffered a thirst so different from that of the upright.
16 and to teach them that the agent of sin is the agent of punishment.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4
Gospel, Luke 11:29-32
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD Video
- Martin Luther would be horrified - The reformer had no intention of ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- U.S. drills for mass evacuation of Americans from South Korea, but ...
- Sorry, there's no science to support 'transgender therapy' for kids
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 16th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way