Wisdom - Chapter 11
2 They journeyed through an unpeopled desert and pitched their tents in inaccessible places.
7 to punish them for their decree of infanticide, you gave your people, against all hope, water in abundance,
9 From their own ordeals, which were only loving correction, they realised how an angry sentence was tormenting the godless;
12 For a double sorrow seized on them, and a groaning at the memory of the past;
14 while for the man whom long before they had exposed and later mockingly rebuffed, they felt only admiration when all was done, having suffered a thirst so different from that of the upright.
16 and to teach them that the agent of sin is the agent of punishment.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 96:1-2, 3, 10, 11-12, 13
Gospel, Matthew 18:12-14
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis wants to change the Lord's Prayer, but what do the new ...
- St. Lucy: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Is Facebook ripping apart human civilization? HD Video
- Here's when you'll see the first self-driving trucks on the road
- How does the Vatican fight money laundering?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 14th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes early HD
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way