Wisdom - Chapter 6
2 hear this, you who govern great populations, taking pride in your hosts of subject nations!
4 If therefore, as servants of his kingdom, you have not ruled justly nor observed the law, nor followed the will of God,
5 he will fall on you swiftly and terribly. On the highly placed a ruthless judgement falls;
6 the lowly are pardoned, out of pity, but the mighty will be mightily tormented.
7 For the Lord of all does not cower before anyone, he does not stand in awe of greatness, since he himself has made small and great and provides for all alike;
9 So, monarchs, my words are meant for you, so that you may learn wisdom and not fall into error;
11 Set your heart, therefore, on what I have to say, listen with a will, and you will be instructed.
15 Meditating on her is understanding in its perfect form, and anyone keeping awake for her will soon be free from care.
17 For Wisdom begins with the sincere desire for instruction, care for instruction means loving her,
20 the desire for Wisdom thus leads to sovereignty.
21 If then thrones and sceptres delight you, monarchs of the nations, honour Wisdom, so that you may reign for ever.
22 What Wisdom is and how she was born, I shall now explain; I shall hide no mysteries from you, but shall follow her steps from the outset of her origin, setting out what we know of her in full light, without departing from the truth.
25 Learn, therefore, from my words; the gain will be yours.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18
Gospel, Luke 10:1-9
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Luke: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way