Wisdom - Chapter 15
1 But you, our God, are kind and true, slow to anger, governing the universe with mercy.
2 Even if we sin, we are yours, since we acknowledge your power, but we will not sin, knowing we count as yours.
5 the sight of which sets fools yearning and hankering for the lifeless form of an unbreathing image.
6 Lovers of evil and worthy of such hopes are those who make them, those who want them and those who worship them.
7 Take a potter, now, laboriously working the soft earth, shaping each object for us to use. Out of the self-same clay, he models vessels intended for a noble use and those for a contrary purpose, all alike: but which of these two uses each will have is for the potter himself to decide.
8 Then -- ill -- spent effort!-from the same clay he models a futile god, although so recently made out of earth himself and shortly to return to what he was taken from, when asked to give back the soul that has been lent to him.
9 Even so, he does not worry about having to die or about the shortness of his life, but strives to outdo the goldsmiths and silversmiths, imitates the bronzeworkers, and prides himself on modelling counterfeits.
11 For he has misconceived the One who has modelled him, who breathed an active soul into him and inspired a living spirit.
14 But most foolish, more pitiable even than the soul of a little child, are the enemies who once played the tyrant with your people,
15 and have taken all the idols of the heathen for gods; these can use neither their eyes for seeing nor their nostrils for breathing the air nor their ears for hearing nor the fingers on their hands for handling nor their feet for walking.
17 subject to death, his impious hands can produce only something dead. He himself is worthier than the things he worships; he will at least have lived, but never they.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:6-7, 8-10, 17-18, 19-20
Gospel, Luke 8:1-3
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Padre Pio: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- st. cecilia
- st. paul
- feast days
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD