Wisdom - Chapter 16
3 Thus the Egyptians, at the repulsive sight of the creatures sent against them, were to find that, though they longed for food, they had lost their natural appetite; whereas your own people, after a short privation, were to have a rare relish for their portion.
13 Yes, you are the one with power over life and death, bringing to the gates of Hades and back again.
20 How differently with your people! You gave them the food of angels, from heaven untiringly providing them bread already prepared, containing every delight, to satisfy every taste.
21 And the substance you gave showed your sweetness towards your children, for, conforming to the taste of whoever ate it, it transformed itself into what each eater wished.
23 whereas, on the other hand, it would even forget its own strength in the service of feeding the upright.
29 whereas the hope of the ungrateful melts like winter frost and flows away like water running to waste.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
Gospel, Matthew 5:20-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Polycarp: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 23, 2018
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 23, 2018
- Seal of the Prophet Isaiah found in Israel
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the First Week of Lent - Day 10
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD Video
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD Video
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD
- AmericaĂ˘Â€Â™s pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education