Wisdom - Chapter 12
1 For your imperishable spirit is in everything!
2 And thus, gradually, you correct those who offend; you admonish and remind them of how they have sinned, so that they may abstain from evil and trust in you, Lord.
4 you hated for their loathsome practices, their acts of sorcery, and unholy rites.
5 Those ruthless murderers of children, those eaters of entrails at feasts of human flesh and of blood, those initiates of secret brotherhoods,
6 those murderous parents of defenceless beings, you determined to destroy at our ancestors' hands,
12 For who is there to ask, 'What have you done?' Or who is there to disagree with your sentence? Who to arraign you for destroying nations which you have created? Who to confront you by championing the wicked?
15 For, being upright yourself, you rule the universe uprightly, and hold it as incompatible with your power to condemn anyone who has not deserved to be punished.
16 For your strength is the basis of your saving justice, and your sovereignty over all makes you lenient to all.
20 For, if with such care and indulgence you have punished your children's enemies, though doomed to death, and have given them time and place to be rid of their wickedness,
21 with what exact attention have you not judged your children, to whose ancestors, by oaths and covenants, you made such generous promises?
24 for they had strayed too far on the paths of error by taking the vilest and most despicable of animals for gods, being deluded like silly little children.
26 Those, however, who would not take warning from a mocking reproof were soon to endure a sentence worthy of God.
27 The creatures that made them suffer and against which they protested, those very creatures that they had taken for gods and by which they were punished they saw in their true light; and he whom hitherto they had refused to know, they realised was true God. And this is why the final condemnation fell on them.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 57:2, 3-4, 6, 11
Gospel, Mark 3:13-19
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Fillan: Saint of the Day for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Pope Francis: Faith is an adventure!
- Jobless claims historic low! - Why workers are getting raises this ...
- Why are the youth leaving the Church?
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with first ever joint team HD
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education