1 Kings - Chapter 6
1 Kings Chapters
1 In the four hundred and eightieth year after the Israelites came out of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, which is the second month, he began building the Temple of Yahweh.
4 He made windows for the Temple with frames and latticework.
6 the lowest lateral storey was five cubits wide, the middle one six cubits, and the third seven cubits, for he had made the outside of the Temple wall correspondingly stepped back all round, so that the annex was not attached to the Temple walls.
11 And the word of Yahweh came to Solomon,
12 'With regard to this temple which you are now building, if you follow my statutes and obey my ordinances and faithfully follow my commandments, I shall fulfil the promise which I made about you to your father David.
13 And I shall make my home among the Israelites and never forsake Israel my people.'
15 He lined the inside of the Temple walls with panels of cedar wood-panelling them on the inside from the floor of the Temple to the beams of the ceiling -- and laid the floor of the Temple with juniper planks.
17 The Temple measured forty cubits -- the Hekal -- in front of the Debir.
20 The Debir was twenty cubits long, twenty cubits wide, and twenty high, and he overlaid it on the inside with pure gold. He made an altar of cedar wood
27 He placed them in the middle of the inner chamber; their wings were spread out so that the wing of one touched one of the walls and the wing of the other touched the other wall, while their wings met in the middle of the chamber wing to wing.
29 All round the Temple walls he carved figures of winged creatures, palm trees and rosettes, both inside and outside.
30 He overlaid the floor of the Temple with gold, both inside and outside.
36 He built the wall of the inner court in three courses of dressed stone and one course of cedar beams.
37 In the fourth year, in the month of Ziv, the foundations of the Temple were laid;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:2-3, 36-37, 42-43
Gospel, Luke 18:1-8
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Has Pope Francis violated the 8th Commandment, speaking out against ...
- St. Nerses the Great: Saint of the Day for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for end of life care to acknowledge mortality
- Daily Readings for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- The FBI may investigate Planned Parenthood
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- The Catholic Miracle. Become part of our incredible mission HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way