1 Kings - Chapter 6
1 Kings Chapters
1 In the four hundred and eightieth year after the Israelites came out of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, which is the second month, he began building the Temple of Yahweh.
4 He made windows for the Temple with frames and latticework.
6 the lowest lateral storey was five cubits wide, the middle one six cubits, and the third seven cubits, for he had made the outside of the Temple wall correspondingly stepped back all round, so that the annex was not attached to the Temple walls.
11 And the word of Yahweh came to Solomon,
12 'With regard to this temple which you are now building, if you follow my statutes and obey my ordinances and faithfully follow my commandments, I shall fulfil the promise which I made about you to your father David.
13 And I shall make my home among the Israelites and never forsake Israel my people.'
15 He lined the inside of the Temple walls with panels of cedar wood-panelling them on the inside from the floor of the Temple to the beams of the ceiling -- and laid the floor of the Temple with juniper planks.
17 The Temple measured forty cubits -- the Hekal -- in front of the Debir.
20 The Debir was twenty cubits long, twenty cubits wide, and twenty high, and he overlaid it on the inside with pure gold. He made an altar of cedar wood
27 He placed them in the middle of the inner chamber; their wings were spread out so that the wing of one touched one of the walls and the wing of the other touched the other wall, while their wings met in the middle of the chamber wing to wing.
29 All round the Temple walls he carved figures of winged creatures, palm trees and rosettes, both inside and outside.
30 He overlaid the floor of the Temple with gold, both inside and outside.
36 He built the wall of the inner court in three courses of dressed stone and one course of cedar beams.
37 In the fourth year, in the month of Ziv, the foundations of the Temple were laid;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
Gospel, Matthew 9:9-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- Hurricane Maria scours Puerto Rico, will be months before electricity ...
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- St. Matthew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- Zaccheus and that Sycamore Tree Teach Us How to Live by Faith
- Daily Readings for Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD