1 Kings - Chapter 9
1 Kings Chapters
2 Yahweh appeared to Solomon a second time, as he had appeared to him at Gibeon.
3 Yahweh said to him, 'I have heard your prayer and the entreaty which you have before me. I consecrate this temple which you have built: I place my name there for ever; my eyes and my heart will be there always.
9 And the answer will be, "Because they deserted Yahweh their God who brought their ancestors out of Egypt, and they adopted other gods and worshipped and served them; that is why Yahweh has brought all these disasters on them." '
16 (Pharaoh king of Egypt mounted an expedition, captured Gezer, burnt it down and massacred the Canaanites living there; he then gave the town as a dowry to his daughter, Solomon's wife,
17 and Solomon rebuilt Gezer), Lower Beth-Horon,
19 all Solomon's storage towns owned by Solomon, all the towns for his chariots and horses, and whatever Solomon was pleased to build in Jerusalem, in the Lebanon and in all the countries under his rule.
21 their descendants still remaining in the country on whom the Israelites had not been able to enforce the curse of destruction -- these Solomon levied as forced labourers, as is still the case today.
25 Three times a year Solomon presented burnt offerings and communion sacrifices on the altar which he had built for Yahweh and set his burnt offerings smoking before Yahweh. Thus he completed the Temple.
26 King Solomon equipped a fleet at Ezion-Geber, which is near Elath on the shores of the Red Sea, in Edom.
28 They went to Ophir and took on four hundred and twenty talents of gold, which they brought back to Solomon.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18
Gospel, Luke 10:1-9
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Sts. Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD Video
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way