Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
St. Burkard or Buchard, feast day October 14, Bishop, Benedictine d. c 754 An English priest and monk who joined the German mission under St Boniface (c 732). He was ordained first bishop of Würzburg (Herbipolis), and founded there several Benedictine abbeys of which the most important was St Andrew's, afterwards called after him. About the year 753 he resigned his bishopric to a monk of Fritzlar and spent the remaining months of his life in monastic retirement.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Mary Magdalene is one of the greatest saints of the Bible and a legendary example of God's mercy and grace. The precise dates of her birth and death are unknown, but we do know she was present ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Gianna Beretta Molla was an Italian pediatrician born in Magenta in the Kingdom of Italy on October 4, 1922. She was the tenth of thirteen children in her family. At three-years-old, Gianna and her family moved to Bergamo, and she grew up in the Lombardy region of ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Isidore was born at Madrid, Spain, in the latter half of the 12th century. For the greater part of his life he was employed as a laborer on a farm outside the city. Many marvelous happenings accompanied his lifelong work in the fields and continued long after his ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD