Last hereditary archbishop of Armagh, Ireland, who named St. Malachy as his successor when he died on April 1 at Ardpatrick, in Munster. He was called Cellach Mc Aedh, a native of Ireland, possibly a Benedictine of Glastonbury, also called Celsus. Cellach taught at Oxford, England, until 1106, when he became the archbishop of Armagh at the age of twenty-six, serving there with distinction.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
St. Therese of Lisieux
Saint of the Day for Saturday, Oct 1st, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Prayer of the Day for Saturday, Oct 1
The Apostles' Creed
Hail, Holy Queen
- Daily Readings for Saturday, October 01, 2022
- St. Therese of Lisieux: Saint of the Day for Saturday, October 01, 2022
- A Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux for Guidance: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, October 01, 2022
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 30, 2022
- St. Jerome: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 30, 2022
- Guardian Angel Prayer #2: Prayer of the Day for Friday, September 30, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.