St. Andrew Corsini
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Carmelite miracle worker and papal legate. He was born in Florence on November 30, 1302, a member of the powerful Corsini family. Wild in his youth, Andrew was converted to a holy life by his mother and became a Carmelite monk. He studied in Paris and Avignon, France, returning to his birthplace. There he became known as the Apostle of Florence. He was called a prophet and miracle worker. Named as the bishop of Fiesole in 1349, Andrew fled the honor but was forced to accept the office, which he held for twelve years. He was sent by Pope Urban V to Bologna to settle disputes between the nobles and commoners, a mission he performed well. Andrew died in Fiesole on January 6, 1373. So many miracles took place at his death that Pope Eugenius IV permitted the immediate opening of his cause.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Little is known about St. Matthew, except that he was the son of Alpheus, and he was likely born in Galilee. He worked as a tax collector, which was a hated profession during the time of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Francis de Sales was born to a noble family at Chateau de Sales in the Kingdom of Savoy near Geneva, Switzerland on August 21, 1567. He was a Bishop and Doctor of the Church. Francis was both intelligent and gentle. From a very early age, he desired to serve God. ... continue reading
Francis was born at Paola, Italy and was educated at the Franciscan friary of San Marco there, and when fifteen became a hermit near Paola. In 1436, he and two companions began a community that is considered the foundation of the Minim Friars. He built a monastery ... continue reading
By Courtney Grogan (CNA/EWTN News)
A personal encounter with Mother Alphonse Marie Eppinger inspired "conversions which were far more miraculous than the raising of the dead," recounted her spiritual director, Father Jean-David Reichard. The nineteenth century French mystic and religious founder was ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Blessed Stanley Rother shrine fundraising campaign surpasses initial goal
- El Papa Francisco se solidariza con victimas del accidente de barco ...
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September ...
- Catholic education group applauds Australian school funding plan
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, September 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 23rd, 2018 HD Video
- These are the Seven Most Powerful Prayers in History
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- 5 ways the devil attacks you and what the Bible says you should do ...
- You already carry the Mark of the Beast. Don't believe? You will soon...
- Guest Opinion: Is Universal Health Care What Jesus Had in Mind? - ...
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, September 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 22nd, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 21st, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education