St. Pius I
Pius, a native of Aquileia, was elected pope c. 140. He presided over the council that excommunicated Marcion in 144; Pius also combatted gnosticism. He is supposed to have been the brother of the Shepherd of Hermas and to have known Justin Martyr. Pius died c. 154 and is first mentioned as a martyr in the IX Century.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, Dec 6th, 2022
Saints & Angels
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Female / Women Saints
Saint Feast Days in Dec
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Prayer for Refugees and Victims of War: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
- St. Nicholas: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
- Everything has its Time: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.