God's Will - Angel Stories
By: Jennifer Martin
Location: Stockton CA USA
About a year ago, my mother was going through an extremely difficult time. She is disabled and caring for a 1 year old baby. She had difficulty walking and breathing. On July 1, 2005 my mother was admitted to the hospital with an infection in her leg. Since she is diabetic, they responded quickly and put her on IV antibiotics.
The following day, I flew in to care for the infant, my nephew. She was released from the hospital into a skilled nursing facility. About a week later, she had a cardiac arrest because of a drug overdose in the facility. She was rushed to the hospital and was revived.
After this event, she was released once again into another skilled nursing facility.
I remember her asking me to come and stay with her. She felt that "something wasn't right." She wasn't breathing well and the nurses wouldn't have a doctor look at her. She requested that I be there because she was afraid of "going unconscious." I remember that I came immediately and tried to make her comfortable. However, she just couldn't get comfortable. I ended up calling a close friend to come in and wait while I go pick up the baby from the daycare. As soon as she arrived, I told my mother that I was going to leave briefly to pick up the baby. As I told her this, she just stopped breathing.
I ran into the hallway trying to get the attention of a nurse and no one would respond. I became frantic and finally someone came. As I stood back and watched this nurse do CPR, I began to pray. I prayed for her guardian angel and I prayed to Mary. As the minutes passed and she turned colorless for lack of oxygen, I came to terms with the situation. I realized that if it was God's will and her time to go, then she may not live.
By this time, a gentleman walked in saying that he was a doctor but didn't practice at this facility. He asked if he could revive her, and I replied yes. Nearly six minutes had passed. And as most know, the brain cannot survive without oxygen for too long.
At this time, I began to pray aloud. The paramedics then arrived and took over. However the "doctor" seemed to vanish. No one knew who he was, no one saw where he went. At the time, I was aware of everything going on. I could tell you how many paramedics there were, how many nurses, and a physical therapist watching from outside. The doctor just disappeared.
After about 8 minutes without oxygen, I was told that my mother was holding onto the side rails of the gurny.
This has been the longest year of my life and no doubt, her life too. Not only has my mother survived 4 cardiac arrests and one respitory arrest, she is living at home.
There is no question in my mind that her guardian angel is watching over her and appeared that day in the hospital. This is God's will.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Cletus was the third bishop of Rome, and succeeded St. Linus, which circumstance alone shows his eminent virtue among the first disciples of St. Peter in the West. He sat twelve years, from 76 to ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Teresa of Ávila was born Teresa Ali Fatim Corella Sanchez de Capeda y Ahumada in Ávila, Spain. Less than twenty years before Teresa was born in 1515, Columbus opened up the Western Hemisphere to European colonization. Two years after she was born, Luther started the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Martyr whose Apologia, or defense of the faith, is considered one of the most priceless documents of the early Church. Apollonius was a Roman senator who was denounced as a Christian by one of his slaves. The Praetorian Prefect, Sextus Tigidius Perennis, arrested him, ... continue reading
By David Ramos and Elise Harris (CNA)
In his role as Vicar General, Monsignor Ricardo Urioste was one of the closest collaborators of Oscar Romero, the archbishop of San Salvador who was martyred for the faith in 1980 and beatified in 2015. San Salvador, El Salvador (CNA/EWTN News) - And this monsignor has ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Herdsmen kill 19, including two priests in Nigeria
- Come Holy Spirit HD Video
- Pope Francis praises exorcisms while declaring Christian life a ...
- Atheism promoting demonic possession
- Are we under attack? Pope Francis declares battle and praises ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 27, 2018
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 28th, 2018 HD
- Little Miracle: Young boy dubbed 'super-human' after receiving life-saving operation HD
- St. Francis Prayer HD
- Prayer To St Michael For Personal Protection HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education