Ayyy! 7 unbelievable ways Henry Winkler is just as cool as Fonzie
FREE Catholic Classes
By Catholic Online (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
11/3/2015 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (https://www.catholic.org)
If you grew up in the Seventies or Eighties, the character of "The Fonz," as played by actor Henry Winkler was a big part of your media landscape. A leather-jacketed motorcycle rider on the long-running TV series "Happy Days," Fonzie was self-confident, but nothing like the bikers of his era. Fonzie was a "right good bloke," and Winkler, who turned 70 last week, had a lot in common with his character on the show.
Actor Henry Winkler, who turned 70 last week, had a lot in common with his character "Fonzie on the hit TV show "Happy Days."
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - For example:
1. Both Winkler and Fonzie share a positive outlook on life. Fonzie had his share of trouble, but always looked for the best in everything. Winkler has likewise maintained a thankful and gracious mentality for the show that made him a star.
2. Both Winkler and Fonzie overcame various challenges. Fonzie was a working-class hero who never let his perceived social strata discourage him. Winkler, who is dyslexic, overcame his handicap to graduate college and attend graduate school.
3. Both the Fonz and Winkler remained approachable. While he was the "big man on campus," Fonzie was truly a friend to all. Winkler himself took a page form the Fonz's playbook and always found time to meet and greet with his fans.
4. Both tackled social issues. While the Fonz could come off as arrogant, he was unafraid to take stands on equality. The Fonz at one point learned sign language to assist others and hired a mechanic in a wheelchair for his shop. Winkler likewise has supported organizations including the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Love Our Children USA, Stand Up To Cancer and The Children's Trust.
5. Both love kids. The Fonzie character took on a radical change in the show's last season when he adopted an orphaned child. Winkler is the author of the successful children's book series "Hank Zipzer," whose main character has a learning disability. Winkler has a professed love of working with children.
6. Both have senses of humor. The Fonzie character was always good for laughs, and Winkler parlayed his talent for comedy in later roles "The Waterboy" and "Click." His most notable post-"Happy Days" role was as the hapless lawyer Barry Zuckercorn in "Arrested Development."
7. Most importantly, both taught age doesn't diminish "coolness." The Fonzie character on "Happy Days" grew and matured through the series 10-year run - but never was less than "cool." Winkler declared in an interview last year "You've got to be cool. You've got to be authentic . I think, after all these years, that is how I define cool. It is being authentic. That is powerful."
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
After an abortion,men and women can experience deep feelings of sadness and emptiness, suicidal thoughts, dreams of the aborted child, ... continue reading
You may have seen them online, in a novelty store, on even in a friend's home. They look like candles dedicated to the Catholic saints, but ... continue reading
His greatest accomplishment was his family - Jerry Lewis passes away at 91 after a lifetime of achievement Watch
Family man, comedian and filmmaker, Jerry Lewis died on Sunday at his home in Las Vegas, surrounded by loved ones. He was 91. LOS ANGELES, ... continue reading
Kim Kardashian may be one of the most famous American celebrities, and she is worth a fortune. That's why it's baffling she would desecrate ... continue reading
Ron Howard and Henry Winkler mourn the loss of 'Happy Days' costar Erin Moran, who passed away at only 56-years-old Watch
Erin Moran, the beautiful actress best known for her role as Joanie Cunningham in "Happy Days" has passed away at only 56-years-old. LOS ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- St. Frederick: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Colorado petition seeks to bring late-term abortion ban to the ballot
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 19th, 2019 HD Video
- UK again delays implementation of age restriction for online porn
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, July 17th 2019 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 18, 2019
- London boys' schola tour brings music from Old Spain to the New World
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, July 16th 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 18th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, July 15th 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.