Celebrate St. Francis of Assisi with the top 10 quotes from and for him
FREE Catholic Classes
Today is St. Francis of Assisi's feast day!
By the Grace of God, with the help of Montana Ranch and Cattle, Catholic Online School has become one of the fastest-growing, online K-Adult schools in the world. The school now has over 915,000 student enrollments from 193 countries. Click to Save 25% Now >
How will St. Francis of Assisi challenge you today?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - St. Francis Assisi was born Giovanni de Bernardino to a wealthy merchant in Assisi, Umbria, in 1181.
As a youth, St. Francis lived a lavish life of wealth, feasts and joy.
Because of his rich lineage, he was kidnapped and held in captivity for a year before he was ransomed. Soon afterward, he set out for battle but that night God spoke to him and told St. Francis to return home.
For the next 25 years, St. Francis spent time in prayer and asking forgiveness for his sins.
His turnaround was extremely inspirational and influential in his time - and continues to be an inspiration to this day.
St. Francis' birthday is celebrated September 26 and he is often remembered for his commitment to the Lord. The following are ten quotes commonly attributed to St. Francis that should be considered.
St. Francis of Assisi left us with many challenging quotes.
Take a moment to really think about the quotes, provided by Christian Today, and compare them to the way you're living your own life:
- "Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
- "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
- "While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."
- "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle."
- "If God can work through me, he can work through anyone."
- "Lord, grant that I might not so much seek to be loved as to love."
- "For it is in giving that we receive."
- "Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith."
- "It is in pardoning that we are pardoned."
Copyright 2021 - Distributed by Catholic Online
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Saturday, Aug 13th, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
The Apostles' Creed
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Saint Feast Days in Aug
Female / Women Saints
St. Maximilian Kolbe
Saints & Angels
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 14, 2022
- St. Maximilian Kolbe: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Children's Prayer for Parents: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Daily Readings for Saturday, August 13, 2022
- St. Hippolytus: Saint of the Day for Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Prayer for the Forgiveness of Sins: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, August 13, 2022
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.