1 Corinthians - Chapter 9
1 Corinthians Chapters
1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
2 Even if to others I am not an apostle, to you at any rate I am, for you are the seal of my apostolate in the Lord.
4 Have we not every right to eat and drink?
6 Are Barnabas and I the only ones who have no right to stop working?
7 What soldier would ever serve in the army at his own expense? And who is there who would plant a vineyard and never eat the fruit from it; or would keep a flock and not feed on the milk from his flock?
9 You must not muzzle an ox when it is treading out the corn. Is it about oxen that God is concerned here,
10 or is it not said entirely for our sake? Clearly it was written for our sake, because it is right that whoever ploughs should plough with the expectation of having his share, and whoever threshes should thresh with the expectation of having his share.
12 Others have been given such rights over you and do we not deserve more? In fact, we have never exercised this right; on the contrary, we have put up with anything rather than obstruct the gospel of Christ in any way.
13 Do you not realise that the ministers in the Temple get their food from the Temple, and those who serve at the altar can claim their share from the altar?
14 In the same way, the Lord gave the instruction that those who preach the gospel should get their living from the gospel.
15 However, I have never availed myself of any rights of this kind; and I have not written this to secure such treatment for myself; I would rather die than that . . . No one shall take from me this ground of boasting.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 27-28
Gospel, Mark 2:23-28
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become ...
- Annual National Prayer Service Unites Christians
- Eminem speaks about his experience with abortion
- Now more than 215 million persecuted Christians worldwide
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Anthony the Abbot: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way