1 Corinthians - Chapter 8
1 Corinthians Chapters
1 Now about food which has been dedicated to false gods. We are well aware that all of us have knowledge; but while knowledge puffs up, love is what builds up.
2 Someone may think that he has full knowledge of something and yet not know it as well as he should;
3 but someone who loves God is known by God.
6 yet for us there is only one God, the Father from whom all things come and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things come and through whom we exist.
7 However, not everybody has this knowledge. There are some in whose consciences false gods still play such a part that they take the food as though it had been dedicated to a god; then their conscience, being vulnerable, is defiled,
10 Suppose someone sees you, who have the knowledge, sitting eating in the temple of some false god, do you not think that his conscience, vulnerable as it is, may be encouraged to eat foods dedicated to false gods?
Reading 1, Acts 1:1-11: 1 In my earlier work, Theophilus, I dealt with everything Jesus ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9: 2 For Yahweh, the Most High, is glorious, the ... Gospel, Matthew 28:16-20: 16 Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- 'Miracle Workers': Owen Wilson and Daniel Radcliffe star as God and ...
- Understanding the Feast of the Ascension as the Portal to Eternity
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi: Saint of the Day for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Manchester Bishop speaks out on horrific terrorist attack during ...
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.