1 Corinthians - Chapter 5
1 Corinthians Chapters
2 And you so filled with your own self-importance! It would have been better if you had been grieving bitterly, so that the man who has done this thing were turned out of the community.
7 Throw out the old yeast so that you can be the fresh dough, unleavened as you are. For our Passover has been sacrificed, that is, Christ;
10 I was not including everybody in this present world who is sexually immoral, or everybody who is greedy, or dishonest or worships false gods -- that would mean you would have to cut yourselves off completely from the world.
11 In fact what I meant was that you were not to have anything to do with anyone going by the name of brother who is sexually immoral, or is greedy, or worships false gods, or is a slanderer or a drunkard or dishonest; never even have a meal with anybody of that kind.
13 But outsiders are for God to judge. You must banish this evil-doer from among you.
Reading 1, Exodus 11:10--12:14: 10 Moses and Aaron worked all these wonders in Pharaoh's ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 15-16, 17-18: 12 What return can I make to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 12:1-8: 1 At that time Jesus went through the cornfields one Sabbath day. ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- St. Lawrence of Brindisi: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Abortion, lies, and corruption. How we are being betrayed by those we ...
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD