1 Corinthians - Chapter 5
1 Corinthians Chapters
2 And you so filled with your own self-importance! It would have been better if you had been grieving bitterly, so that the man who has done this thing were turned out of the community.
7 Throw out the old yeast so that you can be the fresh dough, unleavened as you are. For our Passover has been sacrificed, that is, Christ;
10 I was not including everybody in this present world who is sexually immoral, or everybody who is greedy, or dishonest or worships false gods -- that would mean you would have to cut yourselves off completely from the world.
11 In fact what I meant was that you were not to have anything to do with anyone going by the name of brother who is sexually immoral, or is greedy, or worships false gods, or is a slanderer or a drunkard or dishonest; never even have a meal with anybody of that kind.
13 But outsiders are for God to judge. You must banish this evil-doer from among you.
Reading 1, Isaiah 7:10-14: 10 Yahweh spoke to Ahaz again and said:11 Ask Yahweh your God ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 11: 7 then I said, 'Here I am, I am coming.' ... Gospel, Luke 1:26-38: 26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- St. Dismas: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.