1 Corinthians - Chapter 3
1 Corinthians Chapters
3 for you are still living by your natural inclinations. As long as there are jealousy and rivalry among you, that surely means that you are still living by your natural inclinations and by merely human principles.
5 For what is Apollos and what is Paul? The servants through whom you came to believe, and each has only what the Lord has given him.
6 I did the planting, Apollos did the watering, but God gave growth.
8 It is all one who does the planting and who does the watering, and each will have the proper pay for the work that he has done.
14 The one whose work stands up to it will be given his wages;
20 and again: The Lord knows the plans of the wise and how insipid they are.
22 whether it is Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, the world, life or death, the present or the future -- all belong to you;
Reading 1, Jeremiah 7:23-28: 23 My one command to them was this: Listen to my voice, then ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9: 1 Come, let us cry out with joy to Yahweh, ... Gospel, Luke 11:14-23: 14 He was driving out a devil and it was dumb; and it happened that ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- daily readings
- saint george
- saint james
- Saint Patrick
- st. francis
- st. jude
- st. peter
- mother theresa
- st james
- st joan of arc
- advent prayers
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.