1 Corinthians - Chapter 3
1 Corinthians Chapters
3 for you are still living by your natural inclinations. As long as there are jealousy and rivalry among you, that surely means that you are still living by your natural inclinations and by merely human principles.
5 For what is Apollos and what is Paul? The servants through whom you came to believe, and each has only what the Lord has given him.
6 I did the planting, Apollos did the watering, but God gave growth.
8 It is all one who does the planting and who does the watering, and each will have the proper pay for the work that he has done.
14 The one whose work stands up to it will be given his wages;
20 and again: The Lord knows the plans of the wise and how insipid they are.
22 whether it is Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, the world, life or death, the present or the future -- all belong to you;
Reading 1, Acts 5:27-33: 27 When they had brought them in to face the Sanhedrin, the high ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2, 9, 17-18, 19-20: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, John 3:31-36: 31 He who comes from above is above all others; he who is of the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Irish priest's healing prayers offer MIRACLES - But who is he?
- St. Athanasius HD Video
- St. Peter Chanel: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 28, 2017
- Pope Francis refuses bulletproof popemobile during Egyptian papal visit
- Lesbian Nuns?! Hollywood director to create smut film disgracing ...
- St. Padre Pio appears in U.S. on 130th birthday anniversary HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 29th, 2017 HD
- Day 7 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.