1 Corinthians - Chapter 1
1 Corinthians Chapters
2 to the church of God in Corinth, to those who have been consecrated in Christ Jesus and called to be God's holy people, with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord as well as ours.
10 Brothers, I urge you, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, not to have factions among yourselves but all to be in agreement in what you profess; so that you are perfectly united in your beliefs and judgements.
13 Has Christ been split up? Was it Paul that was crucified for you, or was it in Paul's name that you were baptised?
16 Yes, I did baptise the family of Stephanas, too; but besides these I do not think I baptised anyone.
22 While the Jews demand miracles and the Greeks look for wisdom,
27 No, God chose those who by human standards are fools to shame the wise; he chose those who by human standards are weak to shame the strong,
31 As scripture says: If anyone wants to boast, let him boast of the Lord.
Reading 1, Judges 6:11-24: 11 The Angel of Yahweh came and sat under the terebinth at ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 85:9, 11-12, 13-14: 9 His saving help is near for those who ... Gospel, Matthew 19:23-30: 23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'In truth I tell you, it is ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD